The following guest blog post is by Stuart Smith, CEO of The Entrepreneur’s Advisor.
Writing and then having your book published can be very challenging unless you approach the task as an entrepreneur would. The key to success is breaking down the steps to success into their basic components.
The Entrepreneurial Author
An author must pick their subject, think through a plot, write the content, review for quality and format, and finally promote the book for sale. Viewing this as a business you see many similarities:
- Choose the business (selling books).
- Think through your idea: who will buy, why will they buy, how will they buy, where will they buy, when will they buy?
- Create a plan of action. This is the content portion of a business plan. Here you will also identify how you will market and sell your book.
- Have your business plan reviewed. This is the same as having a Canadian publishing companyexamine your work.
- Start your business. For Canadian authors this is all about marketing your work.
Authors are, by nature, creative individuals just as many scientists and visionaries are. It is unlikely that a new author is aware of all the intricacies of publishing a book in Canada or worldwide. It is ok to ask for help.
Choosing the Right Partner
When seeking assistance, be prepared and do your research. Can the Canadian book publishing company you are engaging:
- Guide you through the entire process from conception to publication?
- Employ truly experienced ghostwriters, editors, indexers, proofreaders, and graphic designers?
- Answer Copyright questions?
- Help you with paperback and ebook preparation?
- Do they make use of the latest digital (POD) technology?
Most importantly, you want to make sure the staff of the publishing company puts you at ease so you can have more time to focus on the book to avoid writer’s block as well as other distractions. Contact us today to see how easy it is to publish a book in Canada. We will help you sell more books.
* * * * * * * * *
PPG is a professional book publisher dedicated to serving serious-minded authors around the world. Visit our group of websites today:
As a user of this website, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute the documents on this website so long as: one (1) the document is used for informational purposes only; and two (2) any copy of the document (or portion thereof) includes the following copyright notice: Copyright © 2009 to [current year] Polished Publishing Group (PPG). All rights reserved.